I’m Chris Conly and I teach Guitar Lessons in New York City at my place or yours - or online. Here are the basics:
- FREE 15 minute phone consultation for all new students!
- Bachelors of Music Education scholarship graduate of Berklee College of Music, and a professional lifetime of performing & recording experience.
- I mainly teach classic rock, blues, R&B, and country guitar - I can help you with most styles - top 40, jazz, and bluegrass as well.
I offer convenient, private, one-on-one lessons at either of my studios in Manhattan or Brooklyn, or online. I can travel to you in Manhattan & Brooklyn, and work with you, around our schedules.
Please email me for a FREE 15 minute phone consultation, and we can set up our initial lesson together today!
What do past students have to say?
- Chris is able to give me exercises and tips that help my playing right away. He’s good at explaining the reasoning behind the exercises and showing how things tie into one another. Very patient and answers my questions very clearly. I don’t know much about music theory but he’s able to give me enough to handle and explain things so that I can understand how to apply them in my playing. One of the things I’ve really appreciated about his lessons is the confidence I’ve gained. I always look forward to our lessons because I have a great time learning from him.
- ~ Daniel, Brooklyn, NY. | September, 2011
Amazing! But how much?
I offer 4 unique pricing plans to suit your needs, based on 4 locations. Click on your preferred location to find out more:
- Your Home - Manhattan or Brooklyn
- Manhattan Studio - 29th Street, Chelsea
- Brooklyn Studio - 5th Avenue, Park Slope
- Online Lessons - PopExpert.com
How much can I save with a Bundle of Lessons?
You can save yourself some hard-earned money, and enjoy the connivence of a consistent lesson schedule, simply by purchasing a discounted bundle of lessons. The more you buy - the more you save!
- Bundle of 9 (15% savings) Best Value!
- Bundle of 6 (10% savings) Most Popular!
- Bundle of 3 (5% savings) Great Gift!
Who is the real Chris Conly?
As a guitar instructor, I have worked with an array of clients from stock brokers and commodity traders, to UN diplomats, photographers, and the “rich & famous”. I’ve taught students as young as 8 years old, as well as retired music lovers. I also work well with left-handed guitar students, and I have specific strategies to approach learning from the other side.
Who inspired me as a musician?
The Allman Brothers, The Band, The Beach Boys (Brian Wilson), The Beatles (George Harrison), Bela Fleck, Bill Frisell, The Black Keys, Bob Wills & the Texas Playboys, Booker T. Jones, Buddy Emmons, Buddy Guy, Darrell Scott, Derek Trucks, Django Reinhardt, Bo Diddley, Bob Dylan, Bonnie Raitt, Booker T. & the MG’s, Doc Watson, Earl Scruggs, Eric Clapton, Freddie King, Hank Williams, Hubert Sumlin, JJ Cale, Jack White, Jeff Beck, Jerry Douglas, Jerry Garcia, Jimi Hendrix, Joe Cocker, John Lee Hooker, John Prine, Johnny Cash, Joni Mitchell, Justin Townes Earle, Keith Richards, Leon Russell, Ledbelly, Les Paul, Marc Ribot, The Meters, Michael Jackson, Muddy Waters, Mumford & Sons, Nick Lowe, Nina Simone, Willie Nelson, Paul Simon, Ray Charles, Robert Johnson, Robert Plant (Band Of Joy), Ry Cooder, The Roots, Sam Bush, Smokey Hormel (Johhny Cash, Beck), Son House, Steely Dan, Steve Cropper (Booker T & the MG’s), Steve Earle, Stevie Wonder, Steve Winwood, Tom Waits, Townes Van Zandt, Warren Haynes, Wilco.
If you’ve been inspired by any of these legendary musicians, and are looking continue on your musical journey, reach out today and let’s set up your FREE 15 minute phone call!